Saturday, July 18, 2009

Carb Cleaning


MM came over yesterday and we got started cleaning the carbs. I did more then I thought I was able to. MM started on first bowl while I made a replacement gasket. He showed me how to put the first carb back together. We decided te clean and then assemble 1 carb at a time so we didnt get parts mixed up. The clouds started coming in, (thought it was going to rain) I was praying we would get the carbs back together before it rained. Never did rain. As I said, MM showed me how to assemble the first carb after it was clean so when the second one was cleaned it was my turn to assemble. I felt like a kid in a candy store. I was excited to see everything going together piece by piece until that job was finished.

Yep, the carbs are cleaned anad assembled. The next step will be re-installing them on the bike.
I will probably do that Sunday 'cause I have a family reunion on my wifes side to go to today. I might even start on some of the cleaning of the bike too. Thanks again MM, your a true friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment