Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's alive! It's alive!

I couldnt wait to put the carbs back on any longer, I needed to know if the bike truly did run.
So yesturday I went out and installed the carbs back on the bike. I added just about a quart of gas to the tank and charged the battery overnight.

This morning I went out after the rain stopped and the sun came out, set the choke full and hit the switch. It started and died right out. So I set the choke about 1/4 on and hit the button again, varoooooooooooooooooooooom! It's alive, It's alive. I had it running for about 2 min then shut it off. Shut the choke off and hit the switch again, varoooooooooooom! I know the carbs need sync and the floats adjusted. I thought since it was running I should try and take it around the block. LOL I forgot how to ride, it's been 10 yrs. I stalled it twice. I think the battery is shot cause it dont stay charged. So I put the charger back on the bike, and noticed Oil leaking from the bike. Not too alarmed I searched for where and found it coming from the air box. It seams to be pushed to the airbox from the motor through a vent tube. So needless to say I got more work to do before I can even think about riding. Hopefully it's not to drastic of a fix.

1 comment: